Thursday 5 August 2010

Another Birthday..but not just anyone..

No, it's not just anyones birthday today..it's my dear old Moms birthday (oops I doubt if she will like me calling her 'dear old'!!)  It's always hard to make cards for my Mom as she is an avid crafter and card maker herself and so I always feel a bit of pressure to make something interesting and try new things...



So, with this card I used my unused I Top brad maker to make matching brads for the centres of the flowers..to say I had a bit of a tough time doing it may be an understatement as I was messing with them for over half an hour just to make three brads!!  I have to admit I perhaps shouldn't have used printed card rather than paper but..after some banging of my head on the craft table I got them made!!

The card is pretty simple in design but I wanted to use the bright striped papers so just keeping everything else simple lets them stand out!!  The striped papers and matching spotty one for the flowers are from my CD Rom Funky Word Books  I just didn't make a word book I used the additional papers included with the collection.  I used a black Sakura glaze pen to doodle around the stripy sections, a technique that one of my DT members Lythan excels at..I think I need a bit more practice to be up to her high standard but she definately inspired me for this card.  Finally I just added a simple sentiment...



Hopefully my Mom is having a fab birthday and this card has added a little to the brightness of her day..see you at the weekend Mom!

We'll speak again very soon
Anice xx

5 comments:

  1. Im sure your mum will love it anice! Its just simply gorgeous! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Anice's mum - hope she has a wonderful day - she's off to a good start receiving this lovely card! The colours and patterns are so pretty.

    I did consider getting one of those gadgets, but I suspected they'd be fiddly and I'd want to throw it out of the window before long hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thats pretty anice, love the spotty paper flowers and LOL at the brad making escapade!!!!

    Happy birthday Anice's mum!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Anice, love the matching brads you've made :0)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a really lovely Anice card. Glad I haven't invested in an I-Top. You've got more patience than me! :)xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin