Tuesday 11 October 2011

Happy Birthday Lisa

It's one of my close friends birthdays today..so, Happy Birthday Lisa!  I made sure that I took time to make her a handmade card as I have to admit to being pretty bad at keeping on top of my card making for real occasions rather than TV demos etc.  Anyway here is my creation...


I used two papers from my craft CD ROM Happy Happy Birthday.  The spotty one as the base for the whole design and one of the 'plain' papers that I always include for each collection that matches, to layer the image on.  They are always just one colour from the five that are used in the collection but this one isn't really 'plain' it has a textured pattern to it, so they are real patterned papers, not just a plain colour.

The topper is made up of three digital stamps from the same CD.  That's the great thing with the papercraft factory workspace on the CDs, you can resize the digital images to whatever size you need but also mix them together to make whatever image you want for your card.  The image of the four cupcakes is one of my favourites from this disc and I used the coloured versions but added some Sakura silver gell pen doodles to the image to give it a bit of sparkle!  The picture doesn't show that up that well I'm afraid!

I found the perfect dark orange satin ribbon in my 'huge' collection of ribbon stash, I just can't seem to stop buying ribbon..probably not the only one I know!  Anyway I wrapped it around the base paper (actually printed on to card) that I had cut slightly smaller than my white base card and knotted it at the front.  With my 'Funky' right hand I can't tie nice bows anymore so I tend to knot ribbon and other bindings instead..actually I quite like it as a knot is less likely to come untied!  I secured the ribbon on the back of the printed card with tape so it wouldn't slip off..I've had that happen many times so I've learned..if you are not going to see it..stick it down!

Once the ribbon was secured I thought it needed just something else to finish it so I dug around in my stash and found a collection of lovely pins with heart heads on that I'd forgotten I'd bought.  I'm sorry I can't remember where I got them from or who they are by as there was nothing on the packaging.  Sticking the pin through my knotted ribbon just finished the card off perfectly.

I love it when a card comes together and you are really pleased with the end result and I have to say this one I really like!  Infact it was hard to hand over but..Lisa will appreciate it I'm sure!

Speak again very soon
Anice xx

1 comment:

  1. oh anice, thats absolutely gorgeous hun, i love the browns and the pin is fab!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin