Friday 9 December 2011

Getting ready to put up the tree!

I know alot of you out there will have your Christmas Trees and decorations all up and twinkling already but in the Funky Hand household I'm afraid it's always the last moment.  But woohoo! it is all going up this weekend. We moved to a bigger house earlier this year so we now have room to put the Christmas tree in front of the juliet balcony that we have in the lounge and still be able to see the TV!!

With this in mind I decided that we needed some new decorations.  I don't know if you remember a few years ago I bought Christmas decorations of Henry VIII and his six wives on a journey to London..it was 2009 actually there were loads of exhibitions to celebrate that it was 500 years after Henry came to the throne in 1509..sorry as well as crafting the Tudor era in history is a big interest for me.If you want to see them take at look at this post..http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/2009/08/what-i-was-up-to-this-weekend.html  Anyway, Henry and the girls have got some new baubles (green ones of course my favourite colour) but I wanted something total unique and hand made so I followed a link from one of my Twitter 'friends' Mel to her Etsy shop.. Wow the handmade Christmas decorations that she makes are just wonderful.  I just couldn't resist...




The pictures don't really show up the sparkle that well, but the decoration is made and finished so beautifully I hardly want to get it out of it's packaging and put it on the tree this weekend!

If you'd like to take a look at what she has in her Etsy shop at the moment, pop over here to her shop Inky Doodles Crafts  http://www.etsy.com/shop/inkydoodlecrafts?ref=ss_profile  you wont be disappointed.

Before I pop off again I just want to remind you of the Get Funky Challenge that is still going on for this month.  There is still time to join in if you fancy it or why not just go over and take a look at the wonderful creations that the Funky Hand Design Team have been posting since the challenge started last month.

A new challenge will start on the 'Funky 15th' of December and I'm the host, so you had best not miss out on the last challenge of 2011.  It'll be a nice easy one and the Funky Freebie is pretty cool even if I say so myself!!

Finally, just before I pop off for good today, I wanted to mention that Funky Hand has a page on Facebook that could really do with a few more 'Likes'! In 2012 we have big plans to have special offers available on there and share even more Funky stuff so, if you are on Facebook go over and 'Like' the Funky Hand page so you don't miss out.  We are also on Twitter and you can follow me here https://twitter.com/#!/funkyhand  I promise I don't tweet every few minutes and in the New Year there are plans for special offers on there as well.  Right enough talking time for more designing and crafting!

Speak again very soon and happy crafting!
Anice xx

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely tree decoration Anice, bet your tree will look great. I must get mine put up this weekend.
    Hugs
    Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anice
    Beautiful decoration! Very unique, at least to me it is.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely surprise to find you had blogged about my decoration. Thank you, I hope you had fun putting your tree up. Mine is now done with a bit of help from the children and it's looking good. Merry Christmas Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin