Sunday 24 October 2010

Love is in the air....

Well, it certainly does seem to be in my family at the moment!  Just a while ago I told you about my cousin Katie getting married well, now Jenny, her sister (and also my cousin!) has gone and got herself engaged to a lovely young man called Andy.  Unfortunately Ian and I couldn't join them yesterday for their celebration party but as it was yesterday I thought I'd be safe to share the card I made for them..also I thought I'd show you the classy pressie I sent them as well!!  Firstly here's the card, made with my own fair hands..





The papers are all from my craft CD Rom Colour Me Happy.  The LOVE letters are Maya Road chip board letters that I've had in my stash for ages and I was so glad that I had the right letters left!

I covered each chipboard letter with a square of paper stuck on with good old pritt stick, left them to dry and then cut out the paper from behind using a sharp craft knife.  You need to cut as close as you can to the edge of the letter but it still wont leave a perfect edge so that is where my trusty filing kit comes in.  I gently filed the edges of all the letters to smooth them off and then inked the edges to grunge them up alittle but also cover the chipboard edges.

The fab ribbon was from my stash and I'm sorry I can't remember where it came from.. But I do know where the heart pin came from as it arrived the morning I was making the card right on time, from the fabby Ribbon Girl website.  Just to finish off I thought just a little bling with four pink flat backed gems would be just enough!

I hope that Jenny and Andy had a great time last night and I know they will be very happy together as they are a wonderful couple.  What did Ian and I buy them for a gift? I hear you ask.. well it was a pretty classy pressie..direct from Debenhams..


Yes..it's a cup cake shaped Teapot!  If they don't like it I'll have it back no problem!!

It's coming up to the end of the month again so, you still have a bit of time to join in with the October Get Funky Challenge over on the Funky Hand Design Teams challenge Blog and have a chance of winning the £20.00 voucher prize so get crafting now and join in, we'd love to see you over there.

I will be gracing your Telly screens again on the Create and Craft channel at the end of the month and I'll be back with more information about that in the very near future. Just pop Saturday 30th October 11am in your diary now so you don't miss me messing up demos and forgetting what I'm selling like normal! Wink!

Speak to you all again very soon.
Anice xx

1 comment:

  1. oh anice that is gorgeous and i love the teapot!!! have told mo the funky lady will be on and he is planning his morning already, apparently we need popcorn!!!! hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin