Wednesday 26 March 2008

Fridays DCM Challenge

When I saw the Daring Card Makers challenge last Friday I couldn't believe my luck!

It’s all in the Game
Tiddlywinks, playing cards, dominos, jig saw pieces…….the list goes on and I’m sure that most of us have a drawer somewhere that has the odd one or two of these lying around in.Well now’s your chance to use them because I dare you to make a card using some of those pieces.Oh and no, you don’t need to throw a double six to start playing.


I was trying to come up with a birthday card for Ian my long suffering other half and techie guy! As well as web designing he is a bit of an online poker fiend! Thankfully he is reasonably good and he knows when to stop so he makes more money than he loses! It's his birthday today so a couple of days ago I made this card, but of course I haven't been able to join in with the dare until now..he reads my blog!



The papers are all from my CD Now that's Funky the circle of paper I then embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder and a black ink pad to highlight the embossing a little bit. I created the poker cards using Photoshop..I suppose that is a bit of a cheat as they are not real cards but I wanted the hearts and clubs etc to match the papers and I wrote on happy birthday and his name. I did print them onto card and cut them out so they are actual cards now! I think I can be let off in the circumstances!! I hope I can !!

2 comments:

  1. It is fantastic Anice. What a great idea to match the suits to the papers
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin your card...
    you have been tagged by me, see my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin