Tuesday 4 August 2009

August Birthday card Number One

August is a busy month for birthdays here at Funky Hand Towers so last week it was a nice change to sit down at my crafting desk and actually make cards that are going to be sent to people rather than just be demonstrated or photographed for magazines. The thing was I had a total blank and it took me ages to come up with any designs..isn't it always the way?!

Anyway I thought I'd share the first of the cards today..this was for my best friend Corrinas birthday that was last Saturday...



The bird in a cage is a stamp from a swap the Funky Hand Design Team did a while back I think it was from one of Allisons collections. I coloured it with paints and coloured pens (which I can't remember the names of sorry) and then cut out the stamp so that you can see the backing paper through the cage. I topped the cage with twisted pink wire and beads..something I haven't done for ages so expect to see that technique on my cards again now I've reminded myself of it!!
The backing paper is a scrap of the striped paper from my Funky Freebie collection that is still available on my website. I hand wrote the happy birthday sentiment, the idea came from a card that I recieved a while ago from one of my design team members Lythan..her handwritten sentiment was a bit better than mine but..at least I had a go! Corrina seemed to like it anyway on Friday night when we went out for a meal for her birthday..though she had drunk half a bottle of white wine by then so she could have just been being kind!!

Oh as a little reminder our Get Funky monthly challenge blog launched last weekend and we have already had some fabby entries for the August challenge..you have the whole month to take part so don't forget to pop over there and join in..if you're not in it you can't win the £20.00 voucher to spend on my website www.funkyhand.com. I hope to see you there..

I'll be back with August birthday card number two tomorrow which was a special one as it was for my Moms birthday..a special birthday.
See you then!
Anice xx

2 comments:

  1. You have been very brave cutting the birdie out - it would have lost a vital part if I'd have attempted it!

    great card and shows just how versitile the papers are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. think you are right I do have that stamp- must dig it out and use it it looks great
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin