Wednesday 4 June 2014

It's true, time flies when you are having fun!

Hello everyone,

No, I'm not giving you another reason why I haven't blogged for a month with my post title..though I suppose it would be a good one!

Today I am not talking about crafting. I want to talk to you about my milestone this month June 2014.  I have lived in the North East for 20 years!  I moved here on the 1st June 1994.

This got me to thinking about what I have done over the last twenty years..at first I thought, 'I haven't done much' but then I started thinking a little harder..

Since 1994 I have:

Lived in six different houses
Worked eight different jobs.
Worked two jobs at the same time once.
Got a divorce!
Saw a new Millennium in dressed as an Angel
Learned to drink and then given up again!
Been diagnosed with two long term medical conditions.
Owned and driven five different cars
Fallen in love many times, and discovered that it wasn't love!
Really fallen in love 'once'  (Love you Ian)
Owned a cat and a dog.
Been on two all inclusive cruises.
Travelled business class to America five times.
Learned to craft (this is still a work in progress)
Learned to use Photoshop
Learned to use Illustrator
Tried to learn Italian and failed
Started my own business
Won a business retail award
Appeared on TV with my products
Made loads of friends
Lost loads of friends (not something I'm proud of)

and that is just the tip of the iceberg. This list was long enough, I don't want to bore you too much!

It's easy to think that nothing really happens in your life day to day.  I have to admit I'm the worst for complaining that I never do anything.  But we all do alot in our lives and we just forget about it.  It's only when something makes you think, like my twenty years in the North East has, and you realise that you have done alot.

But there is alot more to be done in the next twenty year..what have you been doing?

Speak again soon
Anice xx

Oh, I passed my driving test twenty five years ago this month as well..though Ian might question whether I should have!

1 comment:

  1. What an inspiring post Anice. It's got me thinking about my last 20years too. I feel a blog post coming on later - that will be an achievement as I haven't blogged in months :(. Thanks for sharing your life with us! Sheila x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin