Thursday 12 December 2013

A tale of two Christmas cards..

If you read my last blog post, you will know I'm behind with my Christmas card making.  Though to tell you the truth I have the same problem every year!  So, when Ian announced that we needed to send two cards to America 'today' I was reasonably under pressure as he was not aware I hadn't made 'one' yet never mind 'two' to be posted! (I said I was behind..maybe I should have said..hadn't made any!)

So, I decided to make simple, quick cards. Take a look and see what you think.. (Forgive the photographs they really did have to be made and in the post with the glue still wet!)




They are the same, but different!  I used the Doodleword Merry Christmas Digital Stamp, a white textured base card and some wired ribbon.  Due to the time constraints I only used two Promarkers to colour them.  Poppy and Forest Green and left spaces for white.  Even though I was under pressure I couldn't colour them both the same. So, I coloured them the opposite way.

It's actually impressive how different they look just with different ribbon, one being mounted and one unmounted.  I also drew around the letters on the second card with a Promarker (Cool Grey 2) which also gives a different look to the digital stamp.

So, there you are.  My CAS Christmas cards in a hurry.  Are you all ready with your Christmas cards?  Have they been in the post or handed out weeks ago? Or, are you like me, wishing you had kept the promise to yourself after last year that you would make cards all year long so you weren't in this position again?

Good luck with your last minute card making or enjoy your cuppa as you sit back smugly knowing you are all done. Pah!

Speak again very soon,
Anice xx 

2 comments:

  1. they are both just gorgeous hunny
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are super simple and look great! I do confess that the top one with the mounted words and red ribbon is super lush.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin