Thursday 19 January 2012

Another Steam Funk card idea.

Wow, it was busy weekend with the launch of two new craft download collections, a blog hop and a new  Get Funky Challenge all in two days. Don't forget with a new Get Funky Challenge means a new Funky Freebie backing paper on my website www.funkyhand.com to download, grab it and join in with the challenge if you haven't already!

I've been working on the new craft CD rom we will be bringing to you in the springtime so it's been pretty busy in the ole Garden Studio all week as well.  Then I realise that I haven't actually talked to you here since Monday so, here I am!  I can't show you any of the 'stuff' I have been working on this week just yet so I thought I would share one of the other cards that I made using the new Steam Funk download that was released last weekend. It's proving to be very popular even with people who have never thought about trying a little Steam Punk crafting..maybe you should give it a try..you never know you might like it!



This card was made very simply and pretty quickly actually. Here's how I did it:
  • First I printed the light coloured word paper (Backing Paper 1 in the collection) directly onto my white base card so the word image was on the back of the card as well.  That's something I like doing if it works for the card..it just seems more finished off if you know what I mean.
  • Then I used a strip of the paper with swirls all over (Backing Paper 17 in the collection) that I'd printed onto plain white paper rather than card.  I roughed up the edges a little using a flat file that I have in a collection of different shaped files by Basic Grey which I've had in my stash for about 5 years.
  • Using that same file I curled over the top right hand corner of the printed backing paper.
  • I inked around the paper with a black ink pad to grunge it up a little further and then attached it to the printed card using wet glue, remembering not to cover the top right hand corner because I wanted that to stay curled and loose.
  • Whilst that paper was drying I printed off the 'Time ticks by' sentiment from the download onto more white card. 
  • I cut it free hand with sharp craft scissors planning to cut it with no straight lines.
  • I cut the top and bottom of the sentiment first and then measured it up against the base card so I could cut the sides at angles to fit perfectly on to the card. 
  • Once that was cut, I inked all around the edges of it with a black ink pad and left it to dry.
  • Once everything was dry it was very simple to just stick the sentiment to the card.  I used wet glue to attach it and had it lying flat but you could easily attach it with foam pads to give it more depth.
It's a simple card as I said at the beginning but great for those times when you need a quick card to send a message to someone.  You could always use the basic idea and add buttons or twine for a more 'crafted' look or try the same idea with completely different backing papers and sentiment for a very different look!

Well, I best get back to my designing or the next CD wil never be finished.  If you'd like to hear more from me why not follow me on my Twitter account or join our Funky Hand Facebook page for more Funky Hand chatter and even maybe a few special offers!

Speak soon
Anice xx

4 comments:

  1. hiyah anice!!
    oooh this is gorgeous hun, love the strip with the curly corner too.
    huge hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...p.s. ..cant believe you didn't distress this by treading on it...;) !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Lou..but I hadn't heard about your excellent 'under foot' distressing technique when I made this crd. It will be used in the future.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple card but very effective. I love it.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin