Tuesday 5 July 2011

Congratulations Card

It's been some time since I've had a chance to make a card for someone, so I've decided that I'm going to try to make time every week to make at least one card.  I mean I'm supposed to be a crafter..but work just always seems to get in the way. 

Well, one of my closest friends Vic finished her Physio degree and got her results last week and I was so pleased for her that she had passed that I made her this card to celebrate...






I printed the base card with a paper from my CD Craft The Year Away the November Rain collection.  The Congratulations digital stamp also came from the Craft The Year Away CD.

I coloured in the congratulations wording on the banner using a dark blue Sakura glaze pen and added her results using my favourite Doodlebug rub on letters.  Once I'd got everything together the ribbon, sparkly stick on dots and a bit of doodling around the edge of the card, I felt that it needed just something else and after much messing about I added black craft wire which I twisted around the sentiment and curled the ends to make it look fun. 

I have to say I was pretty pleased with the result, I'd forgotten about my craft wire, and how much I love working with it!!  With the move of offices I uncovered alot of different colours and weights of craft wire so expect to see it back on my cards more often now!!

Right back to working on the new CD, but before I go don't forget that we have a sketch challenge on over at the Funky Hand design team blog Get Funky! You can still take part until 14th July so pop over and take a look at what the DT have been making then..join in yourself.  We would love to see your creations and visit your blogs.

Speak again very soon
Anice xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin