Wednesday 10 November 2010

Christmas Word Book time...

I hope you are having a great week, things are going 100 miles an hour here as we pull everything together for the exciting new releases in the new year.  But less of work and more craft I say.

I promised you images earlier in the week of the second demonstration that I made on my last show on Create and Craft TV.  Of course I couldn't not include a Wordbook in my demonstrations so, my second creation was a Christmas word book made with none Christmas papers. If you saw the show you will know I didn't really have time to show you how I created this card, if you didn't..well you can have a closer look at it as well this time!!


..and here's a closer look at the jingle end!!






This word book was created using the second Funky Hand Papercraft Factory craft CD release Colour Me Happy.  I enjoyed making this wordbook as I decided to just keep to two of the colours in the collection and not mix up the papers like I nomally do for demos.  The only time I included the other colours from the collection was when I printed off the JINGLE letters for the sentiment.  But because I work hard to make sure that all the colours work together in each colour collection it still worked!  The ribbon and the fab button were available on the show and Ideal World had been kind enough to send me some samples of them so I could include them in my demonstrations.  I'm ashamed to say that I don't know who they are by but I'm sure a visit to the Create and Craft website www.createandcraft.tv will give you the info, if you want to know more.

Once again I just scored each letter page and then glued them together but you could use lots of different ways of attaching the word book pages together..punching holes and threading ribbons through, using your Bind it All machine, adding rings..the list can go on.  The great thing about word books is that you can use them for whatever you like.  They can be a straight forward card made special by using letters for a name or personal message or they can be a mini scrapbook where you can add pictures and journalling to remember a special time.

I have noticed recently that scrapbooking is very slowly growing in interest over here in the UK, of course it's been a very popular craft pass time in the US for years and digital scrapbooking was the thing that really got me interested in paper designing all those years ago.  If you haven't tried scrapbooking yet and are a bit afraid of those 12 inch by 12 inch papers to start with a mini version using a word book could just be what you are looking for to give you a simple and small start!  Both of my papercraft factory craft CDs Dreams Come True and Colour Me Happy contain word book generators where you choose the papers, letters and colour of the letters for each page.  If you find it's not really for you then on those CDs you will find hundreds of papers, resizable digital stamps and letters to continue your card making with! Oh, but if word books do end up getting your creative juices flowing we do offer packs of wordbook envelopes in white and cream on our website www.funkyhand.com so there's no problem sending them out in the post. 

Right I'd best get back to work or you wont get to see the new papercraft factory craft CD in the new year and all the other great craft stuff we have planned..just to let you in on a secret though..all the papers are finished!!

Speak to you again soon, enjoy your week.
Anice xx

1 comment:

  1. I loved this card on the show Anice. The colour combination is gorgeous and I love the way you printed the letters in all different colours too.
    Simply beautiful!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin