Saturday 1 August 2015

Funky Hand is closing down, time to say goodbye

It's been a wonderful ride running Funky Hand and I'm sort of sad as I sit writing this blog post to tell you that I have decided to close.

It's been on the cards for a while, my passion for designing began to dwindle in 2014.  I had a really good talk with myself on the day I cleaned bathrooms instead of finishing up designing a new backing paper collection. Why would I do my most hated chore rather than do what was supposed to be my 'passion'? Simple, I'd falled out of love. :(

Since then I have been talking myself into closing and then staying open and back again.  Finally, I have decided that it's time to say goodbye.

Over the years Funky Hand has been totally brilliant and totally terrible, sometimes at the same time!  I've met wonderful people and created virtual friendships that are better than some real ones I have. Everyone of my Design Team members have been the most talented, supportive, inspiring and precious women I shall ever have in my life. I thank them all for everything they created for me over the years and for the times they have had to listen to me moan and cry and helped pick me up off the floor, also pulling me off the ceiling and down to earth when things had gone better than I ever expected.

I've had the opportunity to do so many things that I wouldn't have been able to imagine doing like presenting live TV shows selling my own products. Moving into a cool little office and winning a small business award. These are just a few things that come to mind now, but there have been so many others.

But, all good things come to an end and now I am heading off to pastures new taking with me the experience I have gained from running Funky Hand.

To say thank you to all my customers I've put up one last sale with loads of discount off everything.  Pop over to the website to take a look it will be on until the 8th August when the virtual doors of Funky Hand will be shut for good.

So, that's it.  I don't have much else to say really.  I started a new job a couple of months ago and I'm loving the new challenges it's putting infront of me.  I'm very lucky to be able to change direction again at my age and I'm making sure I get as much out of my new job as I did from running my own business. Seems to offer a little less stress..but alot more deadlines, that's what  happens when someone else is setting them I suppose. :)

Thanks for everything,
Anice xx


15 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:30 pm

    Sad to see you go!
    Still love your word books
    Good luck in your New Job.
    Mary xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anice, brave move and am sure it was so well agonised over. I wish you lots of luck - you'll be missed - but onwards and upwards! Right, I'm goin' shoppin' now :)

    Hugs

    Di xxar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've agonised over it but it's the right thing to do. Thanks for your comment. x

      Delete
  3. Really sorry to hear that you are moving on to pastures new. I have really enjoyed using your products. I will still continue to make the wordbooks as this one of my person favourites. Hope that everything goes well with your new venture and it would be nice to know how it all goes. Take care and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. I'm already knee deep in my new digital marketing job. It's nice to work for someone else for a change, and rise up to a new challenge. :) xx

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the future, change is hard but you have to do what is right for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very right Cazzy. It's hard but it is also very exciting. I needed a new hallenge and I now have it. Thank you for the good wishes. xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Faye, I will miss the crafty chat but I don't intend to be too far away. :) Thank for your good wishes. xx

      Delete
  6. Always here if you need any funkyness again! Thank you so much for everything over the many years - Funky Hand was my first ever DT position, the reason why I began blogging and I've loved every moment, every paper and every digi! And the best thing? I'll never run out of Funky Hand cos its all digital!!!!! Good luck with the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ruth, don't make me cry :( You know that I love you Funkettes so much. If it wasn't for you Funky Hand would never have been around as long as it has been. You've come along way since then though, you are a supper dooper blogger and a fantastic member of some great DTs. I have so many things around my office that you have made..my fav flowers on wooden sticks :) Everything you make is amazing. I will never loose touch while there is Facebook. xxxxx

      Delete
  7. Will the galleries be available after today. Need inspiration sometimes. Good luck with your new venture. Even so don't clean the bath unless absolutely necessary. Bye Anice.
    ps. Word books are mine and family favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Di, the website is still up at the moment but with only downloads available..the CDs are going to the scrapman in the sky..:D As the website is still up the galleries are still there. We haven't decided when it will be completely gone yet but I'll make sure all the images from the galleries are added to the Funky Hand Pinterest page before it is. xx

      Delete
  8. Hope that everything goes well with your new venture! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin