This picture is him a few days after he came to live with us, and he looks the same today! I have to admit that I didn't consider myself a dog person. I'd owned a cat many years ago when I was single and she was super easy to look after... but a dog? Ian really wanted a dog so, I decided that we should give it a go. We searched and searched all the shelters, near and far, for weeks looking for the 'right' dog. Then we met 'Chester' as he was called then. The people who had given him up had left no information about him at all, we didn't even know how old he was but, he seemed to have been looked after OK, he had a micro chip etc. He seemed to like us, even though he was very very scared in the shelter, and we liked him. So, he came home. We changed his name to Travis, he never answered to Chester, so maybe that was a made up name?? and started getting to know each other. He is a Border Collie/Black Labrador mix so that means he's really clever but also pretty mad!!
Things I have learned in the last year:
- Don't worry about trying to keep hair off the carpets/sofa/clothes all the time. It's never going to happen.
- You do get over being licked about 10 times a day, hands and face.
- Expect to have mud in your office & then you wont get mad.
- Remember to look behind you regularly a dog can be very quiet when he thinks you might be going to do something interesting, actually it doesn't even have to be interesting!
- There is more to life than working all the time.
- I didn't realise that I could love an animal so much and receive that love right back.
So, that's the end of my post. I just wanted to mark this day on my blog so I could look back at in the future and you could know a little about my life outside of the Funky Hand walls.
I promise I'll be back with crafty fun next time..infact it will be very soon. There could be some new digital stamps and a download ready for release if I remember correctly ! :)