Wednesday 13 June 2012

Happy Birthday Sandi & my thoughts on digital crafting!

We had another family birthday yesterday, Ians Sister, Sandi. So, of course I took the opportunity to use my new release CD Wishes & Kisses to create a birthday card even though the title of the CD suggests that you can't make birthday cards with it..hope this proves it wrong!!


I used papers from the Hey Baby Girl paper collection but added the digital stamp from ones aimed at Thank you creations.
I coloured the topper using Letraset promarkers, Sakura gelly roll glaze pens in silver, for the stars, and white, for the highlighing.  Finally here is a closer look at the sentiment that I created using the writer in the workspace section of the CD.


Now for my little bit of chat, that I know I don't always do but I really fancy it today..


I always design backing papers and other items on the Papercraft Factory CDs that can be used in any way that you like.  I have to give each of them a title and a design direction but that doesn't mean you can't completely ignore me and use them for whatever you like.  I've been hearing alot about special CDs being brought out that are especially for Altered art projects etc..I have to say all that always makes me smile.  If you have any creative abilities within you, which if you are reading this blog you most certainly will have, you will have seen loads of things made by my design team on the galleries on my website www.funkyhand.com with all the Funky Hand CDs either the original ones or the newer Papercraft Factory versions that are not cards but every sort of creative item possible from flowers to go on your table to matching bags for a gift and so on.  On all of my craft CDs I like to think that I offer you not just a 'click and print, here's a card to stick together with no thought needed' option but a digital craft box with backing papers, letters, digital stamps and sentiments that you can write yourself.  Just a digital version of your craft stash boxes and drawers which you can pick from, mix and create anything that you want to with. Please don't just look at digital crafting as something that tells you what you can and can't create and your hard copy stash as where you can really create different things..look at them both together, mix and match them and create whatever you want to.  Don't be told what you have to make..be the crafter that you are and enjoy sticking, inking and making a mess with all your craft stash..including your digital products be they on CD or in download format.

Ha, that really sounded a bit like a sermon on digital crafting, sorry if it did.  I just am so passionate about what I do, the time I take over the products that I bring to you..the wait I always give to you between each of my releases because I throw away more of  the stuff  I design than you ever get on the CDs and downloads because I don't like them or think they are not good enough for you to pay your hard earned money for. You know when you hear 'think outside of the box' I really want you to think outside of the CD box and realise that what you get on my CDs will allow you to make ANYTHING that you want to.

Right, I think it's time for me to shut up and get back into my box! I hope you are enjoying a little bit of sunshine where you are and if you have been unlucky enough to have been hit by floods that you are all safe.
There is still a little bit of time before the end of this months Get Funky Challenge (It finishes 14th) Grab this months Funky Freebie on the website to help you to join in with us.

Speak again very soon.
Anice xx

2 comments:

  1. hiyah Anice!
    oh hun this is such a delicious card, I bet sandi loved it and I loved your thoughts on digi crafting too.
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Anice - love the doodling and perfectly coloured image. I think you may know how I feel about doing my own thing with CD's and not necessarily sticking to the obvious lol!!!
    Have a fab evening
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin