Thursday 7 May 2015

In Sympathy cards

Hi everyone,

It is always difficult to strike the right note when you create an In Sympathy card.  I've had to create a couple recently and I thought I would share what I made to offer a little inspiration.

Obviously every card of this sort should be created with the person who is receiving it in mind and that's what I tried to do with this card.


The gentleman it was for is pretty stylish so I wanted to put that across even in such a sad card.  I used a backing paper from my Wishes & Kisses CD ROM and the digital image and sentiment also came from that CD.

I wanted to keep it simple so I used a black base card and just added some black ribbon.  When I had finished it it just needed something else.  So, I added the white heart pin through the ribbon to show him we love him.



When I use pins on cards I always add an extra foam pad under a topper or somewhere else out of sight to push the end of the pin into.  I find this means that the card stays just as it should when in the envelope and the pin hopefully wont do the receiver any damage when they open it.

Until next time,
Anice x


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! So serene, just like these are supposed to be! I'm sorry for your loss. I had to make a couple sympathy cards lately too and it's really difficult, feels like you're walking a line trying not to overdo it.
    Great tip with the pin too, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Sofia, not 'over doing' cards is not something us card makers tend to be good at! Thanks for your lovely comment. xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin